1. We call for MPs to vote against the rise in tuition fees on Thursday 9th December.
2. Students of Exeter, supported by the University of Exeter Students’ Guild, oppose Higher Education cuts and the proposed fees rise.
3. Students of Exeter oppose EMA/ALG cuts, Higher Education cuts and the proposed fees rise. We call on the Exeter College Students’ Union to support our action.
4. We call on Steve Smith, as President of Universities UK, to issue a statement acknowledging he does not represent the opinions of a significant proportion of the Higher Education sector.
5. We call for a full public inquiry into higher education reform to be undertaken by an independent body.
6. We oppose the privatisation of our schools and the abolition of EMA and AIM Higher.
7. We express solidarity with all who are taking peaceful action to oppose the government cuts.
8. We call for the recognition of the equality of all university subjects.
9. No participants will face disciplinary action by the University of Exeter, or any other body, if they take part in peaceful occupation and protest.
10. We stand in solidarity with students and others globally who protest the neo-liberal cuts agenda, particularly in Education.
The University of Exeter Open Occupation